The bluesign® system means adopting a comprehensive approach, the aim of which is to reduce the environmental impact along the length of the textile supply chain.
To receive a bluesign® certificate, the fibres, chemicals, additives and dyes we use must meet the stringent bluesign® criteria. We are proud of the fact that we have received individual certificates for our shirt fabrics, African clothing damasks and corporate apparel since 2006. Each bluesign® certificate is valid for three years; the Getzner Textil certificates have recently been extended until 2019.
The chart above defines the bluesign® principles. Under each key word, you can see how Geztner is active in this area.
Getzner Textil employs the environmental profit program.
ÖKOPROFIT® stands for environmental and economic profit and was developed by the city of Graz in the early 1990s. The program is protected as a brand and is implemented in many countries, even outside of Europe. ÖKOPROFIT® is a component that can be used to develop a process-oriented environmental management system.
Oeco-Tex® standard 100
Getzner Textil has the Oecotex certification.
The “Oeco-Tex® standard 100” is a globally standardized review and certification system for textile resources, semi-finished and finished products in all processing phases. Its objective is a total absence of pollutants. All non-textile components in the finishing process are checked as well.
- Audit every three years for bluesign® recertification
- Annual recertification of the OEKO-TEX® Standard 100
- Recertification of the OEKO-TEX® STeP every three years
- Annual public report for ÖKOPROFIT® certification
- ISO 50001 certification
- Member of the first energy efficiency network in Vorarlberg
- Two employees have successfully completed training to become European Energy Managers (EUREM)